But what if you are an eco-conscious person who needs to travel often for work?
What can you do to reduce your carbon footprint when you can’t avoid flying? Here are 6 different ways to do it:
- You’ll need to book accommodation in your travels, so look for something that complies with sustainability standards.
- Travel light, checking in luggage causes a higher amount of CO2 emissions as the weight of the plane would be higher.
- Try to join hotels’ green initiatives to reuse towels and sheets during your stay, as well as reducing the use of single-use toiletries, getting your own reusable bottle, mug, etc.
- Try to fly with airlines that have a carbon offsetting program.
- Try to use public transport when at your destination.