Back To School..And Still Zero Waste
t’s that time of the year; summer is almost over and with that, we all go back to work, school etc. While we know it’s easier to get your zero waste routine going while you are at home, it can get a bit trickier when you are in a rush, on the go, busy with work and spending most of your day out.
Well, it’s okay. We are bringing you our top tips to make it happen!
- Get a reusable mug and bottle: Coffee is needed, we know. But if you bring your reusable mug to the store you’ll avoid using unnecessary packaging.
- Go digital when possible: Reduce the use of paper whenever possible; take notes on your laptop, share presentations by email instead of printouts.
- When you can’t go digital: use recyclable and compostable supplies.
- Meal prep and packed lunches: Avoid single use plastic packaging by bringing your own lunch from home. If you do a bit of meal prepping over the weekend, there won’t be any need to stress!
- Get your bamboo straw and cutlery and keep it ALWAYS in your bag
- Take a tote bag with you everywhere you go: Small, light and will help you avoid plastic bags everywhere
- Lead by example: People will never take you seriously if you angrily criticize them. Just lead by example and you’ll see how your colleagues also want to be part of the change.
So, what do you think? Will you keep up your eco-friendly lifestyle this winter?