Natural coconut oil remedies for healthy hair
Do you suffer from dry hair? Split ends? Or maybe you just want to feed your hair some extra nutrients to make it healthier.
Well at Be ALAM we like to use coconut oil for that reason, it is rich in nutrients that are good for your hair, here are some of the reasons why we LOVE it so much:
- It contains antioxidants that soften hair and protect it from breaking.
- When applied on your scalp it will penetrate deeply and strengthen your hair roots.
- It also contains fatty acids and lauric acids which are natural antibiotics that have antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- The acids in coconut oil combine with protein molecules stimulating hair growth.
- It also prevents hair from breaking and getting damaged.
- And, of course, it moisturizes and softens your hair.
Convinced yet? There are many ways you can add coconut oil into your hair care routine. Here are Be ALAM’s favorite tips:
- Apply some on your ends and put your hair up in a bun at night before you go to sleep, this way it does its magic during the night and the next day, after you have showered you will have soft and shinny hair, don’t worry, it won’t be greasy.
- Another very easy way of using it is to pour some drops into your conditioner, mix it well before applying it on you hair, and just rinse it as per usual.
Our favorite home made mask is 2 parts coconut oil and 1 part honey, simply mix it all in a recipient and apply it on your hair ends.
This mix is a great base for many other hair masks
- A banana for extra conditioning
- An egg yolk for some extra repair effect
- An avocado for shinier results