DIY: natural and zero-waste skin moisturizer
Do you like to have nice and soft skin? Who doesn’t right!?
Well you don’t need expensive overly packaged skincare products for that. Just plant some Aloe Vera and you’ll have an unlimited natural source of moisturizing gel.
You can spoon it out and rub directly on your skin. Don’t be freaked out by its gooeyness as your skin will absorb it in no time.
You can also make your own moisturizer that can be left in the fridge for at least a couple of weeks. It is super simple, just follow the following steps:
- Cut a couple of aloe leaves.
- Slice along the sides to cut off the pointy part of both sides of the leaf.
- Peel off the front part to get to the inside.
- Now spoon out the gooey gel from the inside of the leaf and put in a blender.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Beat all together in a blender until smooth.
- Put in a container (we are reusing an old conditioner one) and store it in the fridge.
We use this for everything, as a face moisturizer, body milk, after screen, and even for the split ends of our hair.
Don’t forget to compost the exterior of the leaf!