10 cheap and easy swaps that will help save the Environment
Being zero waste is not convenient, it requires a lot of planning ahead and preparation but unlike many people think starting out doesn’t need to be expensive!
Here are some of our recommendations to start:
- Bamboo toothbrush – Bamboo is fast growing and durable. You can find your next toothbrush here!
- Menstrual cup; ditch the tampons. A menstrual cup is reusable, easy to carry and will last forever.
- Biodegradable trash bags; we know there are some things that have to be single use,…but you can use biodegradable garbage bags so even though you just use them once they don’t harm the environment
- Reusable shopping bags; tote bags, grocery bags,…take your pick!
- Bar shampoo; zero waste, easy to carry and you get shinier hair. What else do you need?
- Bamboo straw; Replace single use plastic with bamboo.
- Stainless steel water bottle; Disposable plastic water bottles take 400+ years to decompose and contain harmful chemicals.
- Eat less animal products; It takes 2,500 gallons to produce just one pound of beef alone.
- Have your own cutlery set; carry your bamboo cutlery set around so you don’t need to use plastic ever again.
For more swaps go ahead and check out our plastic substitutes and convenient zero waste kits!