Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen how some items have disappeared from supermarket shelves as supply chains can’t keep up with consumer’s demand.
So today, we’ve decided to show you some alternatives to those items that you can easily do from the comfort of your own home and are still zero waste!
- Toilet paper: If the local store has run out of toilet paper, there’s no need to panic. Surely, you’ve got some old t-shirts you could cut in scraps and use? Afterward, all you need to do is throw them on the washing machine.
- Hand sanitizer: There’s no need to stock up on hand sanitizer, soap is just as good.
- Soap: Did you know you can make soap at home? Here’s one of our favorite recipes
- Long-life milk: Do you have almonds at home? Why not make your own milk. Here’s the recipe:
- Pasta: You’ve got plenty of time on your hands right now and I’m sure at some point you’ve thought it would be nice to try and make homemade pasta. Well, all you need are eggs and flour. Want to give it a try? Here’s a recipe.
- Cleaning products: It doesn’t get any more zero waste than making your own cleaning products. You can find plenty of zero-waste DIY cleaning products on Lauren Singer’s blog, Trash is for tossers.
Are there any more products you’d like to find alternatives to? Let us know. Have you tried any? Tag us @bealamco!