How are climate change and consumption habits related?
One of the main causes of climate change is greenhouse gas emissions. So, it’s logical to assume that in order to save the planet, we must reduce these.
And how do we reduce emissions? By changing our consumption habits; and how do we do this?
Here are some examples of what changes can be made in different areas of your personal life.
- Adjust your day-to-day behavior. For example, turning down the heat on your thermostat in the winter and using your air conditioner less in the summer, turn the lights off if not needed, etc.
- Replace your light bulbs for energy-efficient ones.
- Use smart power strips.
- Purchase energy-efficient appliances.
- Reduce your water heating expenses.
- Turn off the taps
- Shower, don’t bath
- Save up your dirty clothes
- Get a low flush toilet
- Fill your dishwasher completely.
- Take public transport instead of driving to work every day.
- Drive a fuel-efficient car.
- Reevaluate your traveling habits.
- Reuse and recycle.
- Buy local produce.
- Reduce food waste.
- Buy plastic-free.
What else have you adjusted in your day-to-day to reduce your consumption and therefore, emissions?