If you are here, there’s a big chance that you are into sustainability and have taken this matter into your own hands.
I’m sure you’ve found a way to keep your life plastic free while at home or in your day to day, but what about when you travel? Not sure about you, but we find it a lot more difficult when we are outside of our comfort zone and we don’t know our surroundings very well. How do you keep being sustainable when you are travelling?
We’ve put together a top 10 Be ALAM tips to help you out!
It all starts in the plane...
- Bring your reusable cup to the plane: Yup, avoid all those little plastic glasses they give you and ask the flight attendant to fill up your reusable cup instead.
- Bring your own headphones: Airplane staff only change headphones between flights if they’ve been used.
- Snacks for the plane: Avoid all plastic packaged snacks and fruit, be prepared and bring your own from home.
- Use bamboo or compostable utensils and avoid any plastic ones.
Then, once you get to your destination and start exploring it, you might find it difficult to keep up. You don’t know the surroundings, you may not speak the language or you may just be excited running around and not so focused on avoiding plastic as you normally are; here are some tips we normally use:
- Reusable bags and refillable water bottles: As you would do at home keep a reusable bag in your purse and a refillable bottle of water. That way you’ll avoid any issues when shopping or feeling thirsty after all that exploring.
These are our top 10 ways of avoiding plastic while travelling, do you have any other tips? Share them in the comments below so we can all learn new ways of avoiding plastic!