So following the line of the other zero waste gluten free recipes, here is another dessert that involves a combination of three different flours to substitute wheat flour: banana bread.
This is one of my personal favourites, it is the perfect recipe to do when some bananas have gone a little too ripe to eat. As always, we like to buy all the ingredients we can in bulk and locally produced.
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 ripe bananas
- Mash the bananas and set a side.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs and coconut oil to the bananas.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the mix in a cooking pan and bake for about 50 minutes to 220°C (preheat the oven before baking).
- Make sure it is properly cooked by sticking a knife and making sure it comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving it.
And bon appétit, enjoy with our Lintang cutlery made of 100% coconut wood.